Sustainable Energy as an Infrastructure Investment
FREE-California Communities Partnership
The Sustainable Energy Utility (SEU) is the result of 20 years of research conducted by Dr. John Byrne and his colleagues at the Center for Energy & Environmental Policy (CEEP) at the University of Delaware. The SEU is a 21st century non-profit organization designed to serve our need for a low-carbon, efficient, renewables-sourced and economically robust energy services sector.
The concept of the SEU and its unique bond financing structure was first adopted by the State of Delaware in 2007 as an independent, non-profit organization to foster a sustainable energy future for the State. The District of Columbia became the second pioneer in this field when it passed into law, with the advice of Dr. Byrne, its own SEU.
For Further Reading
1. The Sustainable Energy Utility: A Delaware First
2. A Sustainable Energy Future for Delaware
3. Delaware’s Sustainable Energy Utility
4. The Sustainable Energy Utility (SEU) Model for Energy Service Delivery
6. Another Option — an SEF Program